We have a tremendous amount to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season: a precious daughter, a loving family, health, fantastic friends, challenging jobs and so much more… With so much to be thankful for, we’ve hosted a few parties for which the pilgrims would have been proud!
Jenny, Kate and I hosted two big Thanksgiving dinners this year and it is safe to say, we’re tired of Turkey & the “fixins.” However, we’ve had a blast entertaining and hope our friends and family have enjoyed the feast. To put it into perspective, here’s what we cooked for the forty plus (40+) people who attended one of our two Thanksgiving parties (one for our MD Anderson friends and the others for family):
- Two Cajun-flavored turkeys and one smoked turkey tipping the scales at over forty pounds
- Three beef briskets weighing approximately thirty pounds
- Two honey-baked hams totaling twenty five pounds
- Roasted potatoes and baked sweet potatoes
- Loads of corn and green beans
- Jenny’s famous stuffing (its the best you’ll ever eat)
- My spicy cranberry relish (jalapenos, mint, citrus) and the obligatory cranberry sauce (w/ my secret ingredients of Amaretto and fresh oranges)
- Multiple pumpkin pies, cheesecakes and ice cream
- Countless bottles of Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc
- …and loads more!
Here are few pics from our smaller get together…